Awkward introductions, close-ended questions and irrelevant small talk are just a few of the reasons why even the most outgoing professionals can find networking daunting or stressful.
YES! Vancouver recognizes this and is dedicated to hosting events that are friendly and comfortable – because we believe that it’s more about making quality connections and building relationships, and less about how many business cards you can exchange.
Take for instance our upcoming, ever-popular Speed Networking event. Think speed dating, but… less romantic. It’s pretty much just what it sounds like: quick, focused opportunities to meet others who can propel your career and expand your network. It’s fun and it’s effective!
YES! is selling 50 seats to this event, which will be hosted at the V Lounge above Earls in Yaletown on March 12 at 6 p.m. This event is exclusive to YES! Members, so if you aren’t currently a YES! Member, now would be a great time to join!
When you become a Member of YES! Vancouver, 100% of your membership contribution goes directly to Dress for Success Vancouver. In addition to supporting low and no-income women in our city, you will also receive some great perks:
- One FREE YES! Signature event per year ($30+ value);
- Discounted events throughout the year (up to 50% off the non-Member price);
- Exclusive invitations to fabulous Members-only events;
- Amazing Members-only door prizes and sponsorship gifts; and,
- Access to volunteering and leadership opportunities with both YES! and Dress for Success Vancouver.
The cost per year is $100, and becoming a Member is easy with 3 different payment options to choose from:
- Recurring quarterly payments: Only $25 every 3 months (membership expires when you want it to, minimum 1 year)
- One year, one-time payment: $100 contribution (membership expires after 1 year)
- One year, group rate: Purchase 3 one-year memberships for $240 and receive 20% off each individual membership price ($80 each)
Join YES! and give speed networking a try
Personally, YES! Vancouver’s Speed Networking is one of my very favourite events; it was actually one of the first networking events I ever attended, almost four years ago, when I first moved to Vancouver. I had great conversations with about 20 different, amazing women, many of whom I’m still friends with today, and joined as a YES! Member within a few days following the event. And the rest is history!
I hope to see you on March 12 at the V Lounge! Come on out and meet other fabulous business women, expand your network and make some new friends.