NetworkinginVan.com are teaming up with Women In Leadership Foundation for their next event – 8th annual Women in Business Luncheon around the discussion the “Best Advice I Ever Got” on May 30th at Fairmont Waterfront Hotel.
About the event:
In a panel format, renowned news anchor and communications strategist, Renu Bakshi, leads the discussion with four esteemed panel members who have successfully carved out their positions as Vancouver’s youth, community and international leaders.
- Kasondra Cohen: An inspiring Vancouverite, of the Army & Navy legacy, she is the panel’s youngest member. Kasondra founded her organization, Face of Today, to specifically address the challenges facing youth and to encourage underprivileged youth to achieve leadership and success.
- Suzanne Siemens: A graduate of UBC’s Sauder School of Business, Suzanne co-founded Lunapads, a socially conscious company dedicated to providing sustainable alternatives to disposable feminine hygiene products. Suzanne uses her commercial success to offer education and social aid to the women and girls in the developing world.
- Tracey Orr: The Vice President of Global Trade Finance at TD Securities, Tracey has worked in international banking for over 30 years. Tracey leads an expert team at TD Bank that advises and mentors companies across multiple business sectors to develop appropriate export trade payment and finance solutions.
- Rita Rogers: Venue General Manager at FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015. Rita has been at the centre of some of Vancouver’s highest profile events. From former US President Bill Clinton to the Dalai Lama, the 2010 Winter Olympics to the music industry’s top grossing entertainers, Rita has experienced the thrill of bringing large scale events to life. Her next adventure will bring the world’s largest women’s sports competiton to Canada for the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2015.
At the end of the discussion WIL and TD open the floor to guests and invite everyone to pose questions to these four outstanding women of leadership. Use their stories and the best advice they ever got to inspire you in your own life!
- 11:00 – 11:45 am: Registration & Networking
- 12:00-12:15 pm: WIL Welcome & TD Comments
- 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm: Panel Presentation
- 12:45 -1:15 pm: Q&A
To enter contest, please:
Comment in the space provided below who you want to hear from at the event.
For an extra entry, tweet the following:
I just entered to win a ticket to @WILVancouver event on May 30 via @networkinginvan. RT to enter. http://ow.ly/kUZQm
We’ll announce the winner on May 27th!
Update: Congrats to Salina Siu our lucky winner!