Teema is hiring.
Our client provides GPS and specialized tracking for High Valued Assets. We are hiring a Support Engineer – Tier 1/2
Location: Burnaby BC
About Our Client:
- Our Client works with The US Department of Homeland Security – ICE, CIA, US Army, etc, they use our clients tracking devices in covert missions among other thing
- All UN Ambassadors wear one of their tracking devices in case of kidnapping, along with A list Celebrities
- Main supplier for ankle bracelets used for people on house arrest
- They are booming due to COVID as California released many of their prisoners and our clients is tracking them. Also – they are tracking vaccines with their GPS tech around the word so COVID has shot business through the roof.
- They work with 65 of the 92 main airlines, tracking devices used to track commodities in real time
- Used extensively in the transportation industry – track everything from COVID VACCINES, “cancer curing drugs that are in clinical stage”, pharmaceuticals, diamonds, cigarettes, etc.
Why Work Here:
- Salaries are competitive, typically higher than market –
- They all work from home mainly – this will be ongoing
- Tons of flexibility
- The Direct manager is an amazing super easy going guy. Dream Manager Type
Support Engineer Must Haves:
- 3-5 years Technical support experience
- Good communication skills. Able to talk to customers clearly via email and phone
- Able to translate customer issues into tickets and follow-up with design team
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering
Nice to haves:
- Some firmware programming or electrical engineering experience would be a huge plus
- Desire to ramp up into a test automation/continuous-deployment prime
About the Role:
Customer Support Role includes:
- Someone who can pick up the technology fast – Quick learner.
- Short but steep learning curve – drink from a fire hose.
- Devices talking over protocols
- Servers on a network
- Technical troubleshooting
- Cloud based system architecture (cloud services and physical devices)… phones without a display.
- Salary 70-75K – No benefits yet.
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Mostly remote except for training phase
- Great Culture & Agile environment
Please send Sharmila your Resume and include 6-9 bullets points of your career highlights that pertain to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will set up a 15-20 minute call with all those who meet the qualifications.
Subject Line – Please reference: Support Engineer – Tier 1/2