Date: September 21st
Location: The Yoga Practice, 2170 Marine Drive Way,West Vancouver, BC
Ticket: $20 before Sept. 14th; $25 afterwards
Join us for a nurturing evening of befriending your divine feminine hosted by Dr. Alexina Mehta and special guest Yogacharini Maitreyi. Learn practices to be soft and strong, gentle and firm, creative and focused. Feel the feminine divine dance within you to a point of stillness where both the feminine and masculine are one. Please wear clothes that express and celebrate the Goddess in you. They also need to be comfortable enough to enable you to participate in a gentle classical yoga session. Bring a bottle of water. You will also hear stories about the goddesses.
In this evening you will learn:
* Gentle practices and breath work to invoke and evoke goddess energy
* Learn about the three primary goddesses in the Yogic tradition.
* Build qualities in you like courage, abundance, love, discernment and wisdom. Navigate healthy boundaries.
* Nurture yourself and release energy that no longer serves you.
* Allow the magic and beauty of the divine feminine to support and transform you
About Yogacharini Maitreyi:
Originally from India and lives in Vancouver during the summers to teach. She has shared the tools and awareness in many countries like Sweden, Sri lanka and Italy. She is titled a Master teacher in India. She runs a foundation in India for children from the slums. She is teaching a Yoga Teacher’s course also called the Enlightened Leadership program in Vancouver, starting the 18th of Aug 2012. This is not just for those who want to teach yoga but access an expansive part of themselves. She also runs a 35 hr Yoga Bija course and regular classes.