November 15, 2017 6:00 pm
1110 Hamilton Street
455 Granville St, Vancouver, BC, V6C 1T1
Organizer's Email Address
Are you currently job hunting, thinking about switching careers (bonus points if it's in the tech industry), or trying to expand your network?
This session will teach you the specifics on how to create an effective LinkedIn profile and how to navigate the networking tool to maximize your career growth. Bring your questions and be prepared for an interactive session!
About the Speaker
Teresa Duke is more than just your typical People and Culture pro. She’s a recruiter, coach, trainer, facilitator, and business partner for technology companies currently working as the Head of Recruitment at Unbounce. Previously at EA Games, Venture Media and Vivendi Games, today, she is back with a larger People and Culture Team heading up recruitment efforts and having way too much fun helping the company to grow well, enjoy more, learn, coach, and up-level their efforts.
Topics of Discussion
• Why you should have a LinkedIn account in the first place
• How to create an effective LinkedIn profile based on what you've done and where you want to go
• 5 common mistakes candidates make on their profile (and how to avoid them)
• How to use LinkedIn to expand your network and how to effectively leverage your existing network
• 3 LinkedIn Updates for 2017 that you need to know about
• Whether or not you need to upgrade to LinkedIn Premium
• How to use LinkedIn to avoid sending your resume into the online black hole
What You'll Get
• Insights from industry experts
• Snacks & refreshments at our campus
• Networking opportunity with like-minded professionals