July 9, 2016 10:00 am
CARNAVAL DEL SOL
Concord Pacific Place – 88 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R6, Canada
CARNAVAL DEL SOL
THE BIGGEST LATIN AMERICAN CELEBRATION FESTIVAL IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
2 days of live music, art, dance, sports, and poetry in celebration of Latin American Culture. For 2016, Carnaval del Sol will bring together more than 350 artists from different Latin American countries.
Arts and culture are universal languages that unite people and allow cities to grow and thrive.
Carnaval del Sol, July 9th and 10th at Concord Pacific Place, from 10 am to 10 pm on Saturday, 11 am to 9 pm on Sunday, recreates the atmosphere of vibrant city plazas in Latin America. The arts showcased during this event include live musical bands (400 artists), vibrant Latin American dancing, and traditional folk dancing from various countries, Native Canadian and Latin American visual art, artisans’ booths, Latin American inspired fashion show, activities for kids, soccer games, open-air culinary shows from international and local chefs, and of course the best of Latin American food vendors.
Free public entrance, family-friendly, wide array of artists, from Latin America and Vancouver.
· 1 stage featuring 250 musicians with special guest, Will Campa, from Cuba
· Culinary show: 10 international Chefs from Peru, Argentina, Mexico, Venezuela will demonstrate how to create the special dishes from Latin America
· Mixed media of art: painting, sculpture, photography, fashion, body painting, live painting
· Soccer World Cup-style street tournament with 12 teams from across Vancouver including corporate teams and a City of Vancouver team
· Kids Plazza: salsa workshop, mini-chefs, clowns from Argentina, puppets show
· Food court with 25 vendors representing different cuisines from 10 Latino countries
· Beer garden
Getting there and away – Skytrain, Translink – Water taxi
For more informations:
free public entrance – http://www.carnavaldelsol.ca